About

Hi and welcome to my blog.  My name is Mrs Frintzilas and I am a student at the University of Southern Queensland.  I am a married mother of two and like many other students, I am trying to juggle study and family life.

Five fast facts about me:

I have two children, a nearly 4 year old and 1 year old

I have a maltese/shitzhu named Lilly

I enjoy reading a good crime thriller

I am left handed, some describe this as creative others as weird, you choose!

I like keeping up to date with current education trends

My specialisation is Primary,  however I have discovered I have a genuine interest in students with special needs.  My goal is to find a way for every child to learn regardless of diverse needs.

I am an online/WEB student, so I am secretly hoping that my constant reliance on ICT platforms, will be advantageous during this course.  I have created this blog for the course: EDC3100, ICT and Pedagogy.

The reason why I am blogging goes beyond the course requirement, it is also an area where I have little experience and am hoping to develop due to rapidly advancing technology.  It is my aim to stay with the times and not lag behind my students.

To uncover more about me please click on the screenshot of my Voki below

Feel free to follow me on twitter please click on the screenshot of one of my twitter posts below

6 thoughts on “About

1. Pingback: Technology problem solved | Activating the digital inside of me

2. Hi Kelly,
    What a great introduction. I have just finished reading your posts and I must say you have made a wonderful start to your ICT future especially the blog. Good luck in your studies.
    Regards
    Michelle

• Thanks Michelle. I appreciate you taking the time to look at my blog. Hopefully we will be able to connect regularly as the semester progresses. Like you said, the blog is just the start of this ICT learning journey. I think we are in for many challenges and obstacles along the way, although I secretly am looking forward to the challenge and coming out the other side.

Regards

Mrs Frintzilas

3. Hi Mrs Frintzilas,
    You already have the makings for a great blog, and you seemed to have captured the essence of our course so far. I love the ICT tips and have a feeling I will be referring to them from time to time. I look forward to reading some more of your posts and exploring the potential for ICTs in the classroom.
    Kind Regards
    Jenni

• Hi Jenni,

Thank you for the post. I thought having an ICT tips page would have a three fold purpose: allow me to reflect on my ICT learning (both positive and negative), collate a list which would help my fellow peers and provide me with a list to refer to when faced with a difficult or challenging ICT obstacle. I am glad you enjoyed reading it. I also look forward to reading your posts and I am quickly realising the power of a supportive PLN. Thanks for commenting on my learning journey.

Regards

Mrs Frintzilas

4. Pingback: That extra effect | ICT-ing!